On this day, many years ago (LOL) my husband was born. Today we celebrate him for MANY reasons. Here is a list:
- He loves Jesus
- He loves me unconditionally (and sometimes that isn’t an easy thing to do)
- He is an amazing dad who goes above and beyond the call of duty sometimes. If you knew half of the things he has had to do with Hannah and sacrifice due to her needs and her inability to do for herself you would agree he is a fabulous dad.
- He works hard…..he sacrifices so much so that I can be home with Hannah and to provide all of our needs and some of our wants. I am not truly “high maintenance” but I am not low maintenance either! HA!
- He believes in my need for “me time.” Whether that means dinner with friends, shopping nights, pedicures, time alone, even a trip with friends…..he never even bats an eyelash when I ask if he can keep Hannah for me to go out.
- He loves my family as if they were his own flesh and blood. He would do anything for my parents, brother and his family and even my extended family and they adore him as well. I am so thankful for this part about him.
- He is a good friend and would do anything for his friends. He has a giving heart and is always willing to help someone in need. He is way more giving than I am…….funny story…..anytime he sees a financial need with someone, he will ask me about giving (of course I say yes) but then he will say “how much are you thinking?” I always throw out a number and it is always way LOWER than his! HA! We usually compromise at that point! Again, he would give the shirt off his back to a friend or family member in need.
- He is neat and tidy and helps around the house. He takes care of our home and land. He isn’t afraid of hard labor and sweat! He is one of the hardest working men I know!
- He is frugal…..okay….he is REALLY cheap but that is a good thing (most of the time). I have managed to loosen him up a little bit. Some of the things he used to be really tight with money on he isn’t so much anymore but I still refuse to let him do any Target or Publix shopping as he would buy all off-brands and I ain’t gonna do that on certain products (I am a food and product snob)! HA!
- He is honest
- He is trustworthy
- He is loyal
- He is compassionate, caring and loving
- He is better than me in so many ways…..there is so much about him that I don’t deserve; yet God, in his infinite wisdom made us perfectly for each other. It is funny…..I calm him down (because the boy has ZERO patience) and he encourages the eternal pessimist in me. He is so optimistic, almost in a dreamer kind of way. I am more of a realist (with a side of pessimism) so we truly balance each other.
God knew that we needed each other and I know that he created Dennis with me in mind and visa-versa. It hasn’t always been sunshine, rainbows and flowers though. We have had our moments but at the end of the day we know that we both have each other’s backs, we are each other’s biggest supporter and best friend. We know that no matter what life throws our way we are better together and we will always stand up, fight and win because we have a love that will never go away and most importantly our life, our marriage, our family and our home has a firm foundation in Christ.
Today I celebrate Dennis’ life…..the day God created my husband, my best friend and the daddy of my daughter. Today I have the privilege of celebrating his birthday. This is the 18th birthday that I have been able to celebrate him and the 17th of us being married. I look forward to celebrating many more birthday’s! Next year will be especially great because we will celebrate his birthday and retirement together!
Happy Birthday baby……I hope and pray that this coming year is your best ever. I am thankful for the privilege of being on this journey through life with you. Hannah and I love you “so much all of our hearts!”
Enjoy some pictures of my man! Wish my scanner worked as I would have scanned some baby pics of him!
Until next time……..