In difficult times taking each breath is sometimes a hard thing to do. Getting through the day and completing the tasks that have to be done can be very difficult. Motivation is hard to find. Faking the smile when inside you are crying sometimes takes all you have in you. Confusion, fear, worry, anxiety, anger, sadness is all-consuming. For many people, the holidays make the pain and difficulties of life exponentially worse because you want so badly to not feel the pain and worry and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year; yet the same routine and life circumstances haven’t changed and pressing on takes everything you have. I know many people are suffering right now. Questions you want answered that aren’t being answered or on the flip side (like with us right now), answers to questions you have prayed for are finally becoming clear; yet they aren’t the answers you were hoping for. Maybe you have family struggles, problems with ex-spouses, difficulties at work, financial worries…..the list could go on and on. I can’t help anyone much but this is what I do know:
- God is good ALL the time.
- When you don’t think you can take one more breath or one more step……you can and you will.
- No matter what you are going through, it MATTERS! Don’t ever allow anyone to make your problems or worries seem smaller or less than someone else’s. YOU MATTER.
- Validation emotionally and mentally are so very important. You and your feelings matter and deserve to be validated, encouraged and supported.
- When it seems no one else cares I know someone who does and He loves you more than anything…..He never sleeps and He is there anytime you need to call on Him……The Lord will never leave you nor forsake you so when everyone else does; He never will. Call on Him.
- Surround yourself with people who love you, support you and encourage you. Sometimes keeping your circle small is best. Find people you trust to share your life with. You will find you cannot trust everyone…….
- Don’t ever let anyone place blame on you from a spiritual standpoint. Your sick child, your ailing parent, your cheating spouse…..whatever the case may be is NOT due to unconfessed sin in your life. It rains on the just and the unjust. The God I serve does NOT punish people like that due to sin in their life. I serve a merciful, loving God. Is there sin in this world? Absolutely! But, your sin is not the reason your child is sick or worse has died. Life happens, things happen; but no amount of “sin” is the cause for the bad things that do happen in your life or the life of someone else. JUST STOP IT!
- You will be judged by others (sad but true) and my response to that is……for every one finger they point at you there are 4 more pointing at them. Let me leave this right here with Matthew 7:3-5:
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
- Life is hard……there are good days and there are bad days. There are days of joy and days of sorrow. There are days where you feel positive and there are days where you feel negative. It is okay to cry. It is okay to be real with your struggles. It is okay to bottle it all up inside. It is okay to be silent. Nobody has the right to judge you for the things that are hard in your life and the way in which you choose to cope with it.
Bottom line is this and I will leave y’all alone…….we all have difficulties and we all have different ways in which we handle those hard times in life. Don’t ever let anyone put you down, make you feel worse than you already do, stomp on you or tell you that you don’t have the right to feel the way you do. ONLY you know how you feel and nobody has the right to tell you otherwise. If they try, do what I have done lately and walk away from those people……surround yourself with those who love you in the messiness of your life because trust me those are the friends who you want. If they can handle the messiness, the sorrow and the pain they will be the ones to rejoice with you when that season is past.
Until next time………