If you are a friend of mine whether personally or on Social Media you know by now that I share it all. The good, the bad, the ugly, the indifferent, the happy, the sad….well, you get the picture. That is just who I am. I am on a much different journey than most people I know and there is little that I don’t share (although trust me, there are things I don’t, believe it or not). This is MY journey. These are MY shoes in which I am walking. I am not on your journey or in your shoes and you aren’t on my journey or in my shoes. With that said I would NEVER begin to fathom something I have never experienced. I would NEVER say to someone how horrible their feelings are or how I would do things differently. I would NEVER in a million years criticize anyone for how they handle their particular journey. Do I always handle my circumstances perfectly, HECK NO! There are days (many of them actually) that I fail miserably in my life. There are days where I am barely able to put one foot in front of the other (by the grace of God I always manage but it isn’t always easy). There are days when I want my circumstances to change, where I wish for a different journey or “gasp” perhaps the ability to walk in someone else’s shoes (because it looks better from the outside looking in). The fact is, I am not perfect and I have never claimed to be but what I am is this:
- A mother who LOVES her little girl more than anything
- A mother who will walk this journey I have been given until the day I die
- A mother who sheds tears and yes, at times, needs encouragement
- A woman who rarely gets out and has “socialization” with friends
- A woman who is by nature an extrovert (so you can imagine how difficult the above bullet point might be for me)
- A wife who fails miserably most days (ask Dennis he will probably confirm this) but it isn’t from lack of trying to do it all
- A Christian who prays, reads her Bible and has shed many tears for others, for my child, for my husband, and for my family and friends
- A Christian woman who knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that although this earthly journey is difficult and the road I am traveling is long and hard at times that one day Heaven is going to heal all those hurts, pain and scars that I have.
- A woman, wife, mother and Christian with FEELINGS THAT MATTER AND DESERVE VALIDATION INSTEAD OF CRITICISM. A heartbroken, sinful, often times sad and lonely woman who never intends to hurt others but shares from the heart so others might see they aren’t alone
The above bullet points are who I am…..good, bad, ugly…..I share it all. I guess there are people in this world that only want to hear about unicorns, rainbows and flowers and you know what, that is okay. BUT, that is not who I am…..my life is not rainbows, unicorns and flowers….don’t get me wrong, I have been blessed with so much and God continues to bless me far more than I deserve, but on a daily basis my life is a rollercoaster of emotions, feelings and frustrations. I would venture to say that most people are like me….all on different journeys, doing the best they can walking in their own shoes. Some people though choose not to reveal it all and that is okay. Some, like me talk about it all and you know what? That is okay too. There is no right or wrong here. How you choose to walk in your shoes on your particular journey is YOUR CHOICE but BE KIND ALWAYS. You have no clue the heartache, heartbreak, loneliness or sadness someone feels. Even those people (like me) who reveal their heartaches, you will never know the depth of it. Everyone has a journey……in fact, you might be the person who will either encourage them on that journey or be the one that pushes them over the edge causing them to never be able to climb out of the pit. Remember that……be kind……if you can’t, please remove yourself from that person’s world…..you will be doing both of you a favor.
My heart hurts most days but I always rise above it. I am thankful for my army of friends, encouragers, supporters and prayer warriors. Life is too short to be unkind to anyone. We all have this one life to live……live it in love; loving yourself and loving others.
Until next time…….