You know, when it gets to this time of the night (it is 11:52pm to be exact), I find myself thinking. Usually it has to do with what needs to be done and what hasn’t gotten done and setting goals to finally get up at the crack of dawn and complete tasks before Hannah gets up (which, let’s face it, I usually fail to do because I stay up way too dang late). But…..tonight I am thinking of the lessons from the last few weeks. Important lessons that I have learned.
- Friendship, it is one of the greatest gifts we have in life. Those lifelong, forever faithful, non-judgmental friends who are with you and support you in the good, bad, hard, easy, tearful, happy, enjoyable and hellish times. Those friends who are always there…..every.single.step.of.the.way. Cultivate those friendships. Cling to those friendships. Enjoy those friendships. Cherish those friendships……NEVER LET GO. Those friendships are precious gifts from God.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Get uncomfortable. Face your fears (unless they are snakes, then don’t face those…..kill those and/or run). HA! Get uncomfortable and make some noise. Be passionate about what you believe and what you believe in.
- NEVER say never……I did that 2 weeks ago and had to EAT MY WORDS!
- No matter how difficult your circumstances are…..someone has it worse. Be thankful…..ALWAYS! Don’t take one single thing or person for granted; as someone somewhere wishes they had your circumstances and struggles instead of their own. This has been a difficult lesson for me to learn. Life is hard! Life is difficult. Circumstances weigh you down and get you down BUT GOD…..Oh BUT GOD…..He has a plan, a purpose, a meaning FOR YOUR LIFE. If you hear nothing else I say, know you are loved, cherished and that you have a specific purpose in life chosen by your Creator.
- Set goals……set what appear to be unrealistic goals (this is really difficult for people like me who are Realists; but set them anyway……learn to dream and the GO FOR IT (I am preaching to myself here).
- Look at unexpected surprises as “God Moments!” Oh, I could share some MIGHTY God Moments with you which have happened in our life just in the past 2 weeks…….God Moments are my favorite moments ever! So thankful that even in our sorrow, God reveals Himself fully, present, whole…..all we have to do is pay attention and accept HIS PLAN!
- Give thanks in EVERYTHING! I know, much easier said than done but so worthwhile! I have been making lists…..(I am good at lists as I am so OCD), but these lists are things I am thankful for even when I don’t feel like I have much to be thankful for and guess what?? I have LOTS to be thankful for.
- Be patient…….God truly has a plan and He will reveal it in His time………be still, wait on Him and He will bless you!
Oh I could go on but my eyes are getting heavy (hey, it is only 12:07am, that is a miracle)! I just had to hop on here and share some lessons I have learned, am trying to learn and realizing that life isn’t nearly as bad as it could be. I know I share A LOT of sad, heartbreaking and difficult things; but through it all God is faithful, loving, good, kind, gracious and mighty. He loves me. He loves you. He knows your hardships and heartaches. He, in his infinite wisdom and timing will reveal His plan…..when He does, be ready because He will have blessings and miracles and joy beyond your wildest imagination……trust me……I know as the last 2 weeks have proven to me that He isn’t finished with me yet and His blessings are far greater than I ever imagined!
Good night friends…….God Bless!
Psalm 27 King James Version (KJV)
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Until next time………