It should come as no surprise that I am happy to see 2016 come to a close. I don’t know why it is really significant though as nothing really changes on January 1st, but there is always something exciting about ending a year (especially one that seemed to have more bad moments than good) and beginning a new one.
I am not one to make New Year Resolutions, because truth is, I probably wouldn’t keep them after the 2nd week of January. But, I am going to change one thing and work on one thing in the new year…..I am going to take better care of myself. I have learned this year that if I don’t take care of me properly, I can’t take care of Dennis and Hannah well. Let’s face it, no one is going to take care of me, but me. So, in the new year I am going to take time out and do some things for myself, so that I will be healthier and happier to take care of the needs of my family.
Here are some of the things I am going to start doing for me:
- I am going to read more (The Bible and some other good books).
- I am going to get more Pedicures….do you know the feet are the most abused part of your body? We need to take care of those toes!
- I am going to New York City (this trip is already booked, yay)!
- I am going to insist on one date night a month with my hubby. This is something we have not done much at all since Hannah was born and I feel like it is time for he and I to take one night a month for US!
- I am going to exercise more (I already walk and run, but I am going to add in kickboxing, more cardio and weights).
- I am going to eat healthier…..although, we already eat pretty healthy I am going to try and cut out some of the unhealthy snack type foods and replace them with healthier ones. I have just one body and I need to take care of it, especially with my age. In a few short days I will be 45 years old….how did that happen?
- I am going to try to find one person a month to bless…..perhaps with just a letter and gift card in the mail, or treat to dinner, or to go have a Pedicure with or see a movie.
- I am going to make it a point to spend more time with family and friends.
- I am going to try to finish a project I started 2 years ago…..this will be an amazing feat for me!
- I am going to take time out and “smell the roses” and find things each day to be thankful for even on the bad days.
- I am never going to be an “optimist” because I am such a “realist” but I am going to try to be more positive and find hope even on the days that feel hopeless.
- I am going to try to learn to embrace the hardships; knowing that hardships in life build strength, character and perseverance.
- Above all I am going to work on being kind and humble. Accepting help when needed and going the extra mile for my family and friends.
My hope and prayer for 2017 is a healing miracle for Hannah, but if that doesn’t happen then my prayer is that no matter what is thrown our way, the Lord will continue to provide our needs, give us strength in our struggles, hope in our circumstances and joy in our sorrows.
Happy New Year to you all and may God bless and keep each one of you in the new year.
Until next time………….