For so long now we have been wanting answers. Answers to why Hannah is so sick. Answers to why she has changed so drastically; basically overnight. Answers to how, when, why……I have begged, pleaded, yelled, screamed and cussed at anyone that would listen; yes….even God! Answers that we haven’t gotten, until now!
Yes, we finally have some answers, not all of them, but some nonetheless…..but they weren’t the answers we wanted to hear. We wanted to know what was wrong, but we also wanted it fixed…..quickly if possible; but that isn’t to be at this time.
This isn’t going to be a long, drawn-out post and frankly I am not willing or wanting to share details at this time, but I am here asking if you would please pray for us. We have some huge decisions to make….AGAIN!
We have to focus on Hannah, her illness and hopefully one day a complete recovery, but at this time we need prayer, lots of it! If you want to pray specifically, here is a list of things we need prayed for right now:
1. To find the right treatment that will work.
2. To keep Hannah well…..her staying healthy is huge right now and we really need her to stay germ-free. It has always been important to keep her well, but now more than ever.
3. That Hannah’s symptoms will subside.
4. School…..this is a big one for us. We need to keep Hannah well and we found out last school year that was nearly impossible. I will be the first to admit homeschooling scares the living you-know-what outta me! Not only am I not a teacher, but I am not a Special-Ed teacher so the thought of teaching her academics is definitely out of my comfort zone. I admire all my friends that homeschool; I just never thought it was going to HAVE to be something I considered. Plus, Hannah LOVES school and she misses it and her friends. How in the world can I teach her proper socialization skills if she can’t socialize?!? Stressing me out like you wouldn’t believe!
5. Hannah’s diet is most likely going to have to change again and it won’t be fun for her or us!
6. Financially this could get very expensive. God has ALWAYS provided for us and I know he will continue to, but there are so many things that we are finding out that insurance won’t pay for….makes me wonder what good insurance is half the time. We are going to be seeing a couple of new specialists that do not take insurance. Again, I know God will provide it all but we are definitely making it a matter of prayer. Praying that He will lead us in the direction that He would have us to go. Our ONLY concern at this point is that Hannah gets the treatment that she needs and that she makes a 100% recovery. We are trusting Him to make it all possible financially.
7. Please pray for Dennis and me. The last nearly 9 years has taken its toll on both of us and the last 8 months has completely worn us out. We are weary and stressed…..our bodies, minds and hearts are feeling the stress and the burdens of this all and we covet your prayers for strength, mercy, grace, wisdom and endurance that only God can give.
I am not one to ever ask for help. I am one of those people who have always thought I will just do it all myself because I know I will do it and do it right. But, I am asking for your prayers. I am asking for your understanding if I can’t and don’t want to talk about the particulars of Hannah’s illness and I am asking for you to extend me grace during this time. The last 8 months have been a battle for us and right now it is raging…….
Until next time………