I know alot of people on Facebook are posting each day the things they are thankful for. I haven’t done that but I thought I would make a blog post about the things I am thankful for; so here it goes in no particular order:
1. First and foremost I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave His only son to die on the cross so that I might have eternal life with Him one day. I am thankful for a God that forgives and puts my sins as far as the east is from the west. I am thankful that one day, I will live in Heaven where there is no more sickness, pain, tears, difficulties or sorrow! Thankful today and everyday for salvation.
2. I am thankful for a husband that protects, provides, loves and cherishes me! Nowadays it is rare that a man truly knows how to treat his wife. I am thankful for a husband that puts me on a pedestal and honors me. I am blessed to have Dennis and I thank the Lord for him everyday.
3. My sweet Hannah. She keeps me laughing and smiling. She brings joy to my heart everyday. She has certainly kept me on my knees in prayer over the last 7 years, but she completes our family and she makes us thankful everyday for God’s blessings through her.
4. Mine and Dennis’ families. We were blessed to be raised in Christian homes where we were taught good work ethic, morals and values. We were taught to love Jesus and have hearts for Him and we were given very good lives with mom’s and dad’s who love each other, respect each other and most importantly love the Lord.
5. My brother and his family. The way they love us and the relationship God has given us with them.
6. Dennis’ sisters and their families. We don’t get to spend much time with any of them, but they are loving and supportive.
7. Friends…..so thankful for my friends that support me, love me, don’t judge me and are there no matter the time of day or what they have going on in their lives…..friends that drop anything and everything for me!
8. The Bible and prayer! So thankful for God’s word to guide my life and the opportunity to pray and talk to Him about everything.
9. God’s grace, mercy, strength, peace and love
10. Dennis’ job….thankful especially in these difficult economic times that he has a job that supplies the money for all of our needs and some of our wants.
11. Dennis’ co-workers! He has the most amazing group of co-workers. Through everything we have been through with Hannah, they have encouraged us, prayed for us and been there. They have taken work days for Dennis when he has needed them to; they collected money for us when we went to Birmingham and so much more! I am very thankful for the group of guys and ladies that he works with and calls his friends. Not just in Robbery either……he is blessed to call so many friends in all the different departments of JSO and I am so thankful for his “brothers and sisters” in blue!
12. Church Family that have always been there and prayed for us, encouraged us and loved us.
13. North Florida School of Special Education……I am so thankful for the love, care and education they are showing and giving to Hannah. It is the MOST INCREDIBLE school and I am so blessed that we are part of it!
14. INSURANCE…..without it, we would be BROKE! I know insurance is a necessary evil; in our case though; without Aetna…..we would have gone broke the first year of Hannah’s life! We truly have the million dollar baby! HA!
15. Our home…..yes, I would love for it to be bigger (well, except on cleaning days then I am thankful it isn’t any bigger). I would love to have more closet space and a 4th bedroom; but I have a solid foundation with a roof over my head with central heat and air. It is beautifully decorated and furnished and we are happy! The size of my house doesn’t matter; the 3 people who live here do!
16. Our vehicles…..we are blessed to have good, reliable transportation that is PAID for!
17. Clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry….yes, I had to put this on here because I have a love for these things that is indescribable….ha! Love my “collections” of these items…..especially my shoes! HA!
18. Thankful for my arms, legs, hands and feet! What a blessing to get up, pain-free and do all I need to do. So many people have chronic aches and pains and I am thankful that “so far” I don’t…..
19. Thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. I don’t take this blessing for granted as I know so many that wish they could be home with their children. Don’t get me wrong, I also know alot that want to work and there is no wrong in doing that. To each their own….for me, staying home was the right choice and I am thankful I had a choice in that.
20. FREEDOM…..Freedom to worship, speak, pray, carry a gun and so many other freedoms that we all take for granted! Thankful for the ultimate sacrifice so many men and women have made to insure our freedom…..
21. Brian Blaquiere…..okay, I know he reads this blog and he wanted an honorable mention; so Brian….here it is! HA! Love you and your family, dude!
There are so many more things that I could type….but I am sure this is getting boring for whoever reads it….the truth is, I am thankful and I try to be everyday not just on the day that is set aside for it. I am not always as thankful as I should be, but I do know how blessed I am and I only have the Lord to thank for it!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my blog readers (all 2 of you) HA! Have a great day with your families and know that I am thankful for you!